Grade level: 1-4
Game Description: This game of Space Invaders has nothing to do with the Atari videogame that you’re probably relating the name to. This version of a PE game gives players a chance to work on some basic movement skills (jumping, hopping, skipping, galloping, etc) in a type of tag game. It provides a great lower body workout and requires a little bit of brainwork as well.
How To Play:
- The playing area is split into two parts: the inner space (middle circle of the gym) and the outer space (surrounding area).
- Most players will be the ‘Satellites’. When satellites are in the inner space, they must hop. When in outer space, they must jump.
- A few players will be the ‘Meteors’. When the meteors are in the inner space, they must jump. When in outer space, they must hop.
- The Meteors try to tag the Satellites. If a tag is successful, they switch roles.
- Change up the actions after awhile, instead of hopping and jumping choose something else!