Grade level: 2-8
Game Description: Rockin’ Rollers is a battle between the runners and the rollers. Runners try to make it from one end of the gym to the other without getting hit by a dodgeball that has been rolled by the rollers. If a runner gets hit by a ball (in the foot or the leg) he then joins the rolling team! It’s as simple as that. Great game – another student and teacher favorite!
Quick how to play steps:
- Half of the players are runners, half are rollers.
- Rollers form 2 lines along the sides (perhaps along the basketball or volleyball court lines).
- Rollers get a dodgeball to start.
- Runners start at the edge.
- On signal, runners attempt to run to the opposite end without getting hit by a ball.
- Rollers try rolling the balls at the runners.
- Any runner hit joins the rolling team.
- Continue until all runners have been hit then switch roles.