Grade level: 2-8
Equipment: Pencil eraser
Game Description: Eraser tag is an offense/defense team strategy game that mimics aspects of football, ultimate, and the like. The offensive team works together to try to bring a pencil eraser across and into the defensive endzone safely without getting tagged. This game is packed with action, strategy, and good times. No tackling!
How To Play:
- Create a playing area in your gym that resembles an American Football Field (or if outdoors, use a football field).
- The Offensive team starts in their own endzone in a huddle.
- The Defensive team starts spread out in the playing area.
- Within the huddle, offensive players pass around a small pencil eraser so that one player has it, but the defensive team can’t see who.
- On the signal, the offensive players try to run across to the opposite endzone without getting tagged by the defensive players.
- If a player is tagged, she must sit.
- If the player who has the eraser makes it to the endzone, that team scores a point.
- Switch offense and defense, and repeat!