Grade level: 4-8
Equipment: Dodgeballs, mats
Game Description: Circle dodgeball is a highly popular game. Players travel along the perimeter of the gym, and are able to stop at safe zones on the ends to catch their breath. Add in some throwers with dodgeballs who start in the center circle and game on!
- Start with two safe areas (mats work well). Those are areas where students can’t get hit by a ball, but can only stay for a few seconds.
- All players except for the throwers will travel around the perimeter in the same direction.
- The throwers in the middle will try to hit the runners.
- When a runner is hit, he becomes a thrower in the middle.
- Throwers can leave the middle circle only to get a ball. They must throw the balls from inside the circle.