Grade level: K-4
Equipment: Colored spots (lilly pads), or hula hoops
Game Description: In ‘Rainbow Road’ teams of players will move in different patterns along spots on the floor depending on which color sequence is called out. A variety of movement skills can be used to spice things up.
- Create 4 teams. Each team stands against a side wall.
- Place different colored spots or hula-hoops randomly throughout the gym.
- Call out a pattern: for example, ‘red, blue, green, blue, yellow’.
- All players run from spot to spot, following the pattern. Once finished, players return to their team’s side.
- Call out a new pattern. Repeat as you’d like for as many rounds.
- Switch the movement skill from running to something like hopping, skipping, galloping, lunging, etc.