Grade level: K-4
Game Description: Players will form either bridges or rivers and perform jumps or crawls depending what’s called out. Lots of fun to be had by all, especially if this game is played along to music.
- Choose half of the players to be bridges and the other half rivers.
- When music starts (or on signal), all players start running or moving around.
- When music stops, yell out either ‘bridges’ or ‘rivers’.
- If ‘bridges’ is called, then all bridges form a bridge with their body and the rivers crawl under as many bridges as they can.
- If ‘rivers’ is called, then all rivers form a river by laying flat and the bridges jump over as many as they can.
- Start music back up and players resume running around until music stops, etc.
- Continue rounds as desired.
- Switch players roles after awhile.