Grade level: 3-8
Equipment: 2 mats, dodgeballs
Game Description: Swampball is the most popular game at physedgames. In fact, it is also a definite student favorite. This team dodgeball game places ‘swamps’ down on each side where players will get stuck in.
- Divide the gym into 2 halves, 1 team on each half.
- Place an exercise mat down at the back of each side. Those are the swamps.
- Add in the dodgeballs and it’s game on!
- When players are hit, they must go into the swamp on the opposite side. Players are stuck in that swamp until they can catch a ball that has been thrown to them by their teammates who are trying to save them.
- If an entire team becomes stuck in the swamp, the round is over, so start a new round. Play over and over again!
- An optional rule that has proved to work well is this: if a player can throw a ball across and into to the opposite basketball hoop then EVERYONE from his team who is stuck in the swamp is freed.