Grade level: 5-8
Equipment: Foam ball, pinnies
Game Description: Super Kickball takes the classic version of kickball and modifies it so that more players get moving more often! On the kick, the entire kicking team attempts to run back and forth from first base to home. Individuals can go back and forth as many times as they’d like until the play is stopped. And there’s only 1 base (the far line)! For as many times players can make a round trip home, that’s how many points they earn. Tonnes of points can be earned in one simple kick. 3 outs and teams switch roles.
How to Play, step by step:
- Kicking team lines up along sideline.
- Fielding team spreads out in playing area.
- Pitcher rolls foam ball to any kicker who kicks it.
- Once kicked, individual players on kicking team attempt to run back-and-forth from first base (far line) and home as many times as they’d like.
- Runners can choose to stay on base if they’d like.
- Runs are scored for every successful return home – many points can be earned in just one kick!
- Fielding team can get kickers ‘out’ by: catching a pop-fly, or tagging, or throwing and hitting a runner with the ball.
- It’s possible to get 3 outs in one kick if players keep running.
- Switch roles after 3 outs.
- At any time, the fielding team can stop the play by throwing the ball to the pitcher in the middle.