Grade level: 2-8
Equipment: Soccer balls (or nerf balls, dodgeballs)
Game Description: Soccerball tag provides a fun opportunity to practice dribbling, passing, kicking, dodging, and spacial awareness. In soccer ball tag, the taggers dribble a foam ball around and try to kick it at the feet of the roamers to tag them. If a player gets tagged by a ball, they also become a tagger and grab a ball from the side. The game gets trickier as more and more players become it. Give it a go in a soccer unit or as a stand alone game!
- Players spread out in playing area – they are the roamers.
- Choose 1 or 2 taggers to start (taggers get a ball).
- Taggers dribble ball around, and try to shoot ball at foot of roamers.
- If a roamer gets hit by ball, then he grabs a ball from the side and also becomes a tagger.
- Game continues until everyone has been hit.