Grade level: 2-8
Equipment: Hula hoops, pins, dodgeballs
Game Description: ‘Pin Down’ is a definite favorite. Really it’s a must play! Players guard their own pin while trying to knock over someone else’s with a dodgeball. If your pin is down, go to the back of the line but don’t worry – you’ll get right back in there in no time. This game utilizes a variety of movement skills, but the best part about it is that it’s a great workout with lots of laughs!
- Place down a bunch of hula-hoops in the gym spread out (about half as many as there are players).
- Place a bowling pin in each hula-hoop.
- One player starts at each pin/hula-hoop.
- Remaining players form a line at the side.
- Introduce the dodgeballs.
- On the signal, players try to knock over other player’s pins. They can leave their area if they want but at their own risk!
- If a pin is knocked down, the line at the side yells ‘PIN DOWN’ and the player whose base that was goes to the back of the line.
- The first person in line then enters the game and picks pin up (that is their pin now).
- Game continues in that fashion. Have fun!