Grade level: 3-8
Equipment: 2 dodgeballs
Game Description: Jetball is a personal favorite. This is a warm-up or mini-game that really gets players sweating. Two throwers work together to contact the runners as they try to make it from end to end each round without getting hit. Once players have been hit, they must sit on the ground where they can tag others as they run by.
- Runners line up along the edge of the gym wall.
- Two throwers, each with a dodgeball, throw the ball at the wall ABOVE the line of runners.
- Upon release of the balls, the runners attempt to run to the other side without getting hit by a dodgeball (the throwers will get their rebound then try to hit players as they run away).
- Players who are hit must sit down. They can then tag runners as they go back-and-forth.
- Play until everyone has been hit/caught.