Grade level: K-4
Equipment: Bean bags, dodgeballs, volleyball net
Game Description: Get your trash off my yard! Split the gym into 2 halves (best idea is to use the volleyball court to divide the playing area). The 2 halves represent 2 yards. Players on both sides will keep throwing, rolling, or sliding pieces of trash (dodgeballs, beanbags, etc) back and forth. Basically, the idea is that teams are throwing the neighbors trash off their yard. This can go on and on and on. Or end the round and see which yard is a bigger mess! Perhaps a lesson of social and community responsibilities can come up for discussion at some point in this game.
- Split the gym into halves.
- Create two teams, one on each half.
- Add in dodgeballs and bean bags.
- On the signal, teams will keep throwing dodgeballs over to the other side, and sliding bean bags to the other side, trying to keep their own yard clean.
- Only one piece of equipment can be in hand at a time. Play music in the background if possible.
- At some point in time, end the game and count to see who has the messiest yard!