Grade level: 2-5
Equipment: Foam balls, 2 hula hoops
Game Description: This throwing and catching game is best played with a volleyball net set-up. Players try to ‘collect garbage’ by catching balls thrown over the net by the other team. Every catch is a point added to the bucket.
How To Play:
- Create two teams: each team starts spread out on their side of the volleyball court.
- At the ends of each court, place a hula-hoop down as a collection bin (garbage bin).
- Introduce the dodgeballs (pieces of garbage).
- On signal, players from both teams keep throwing the dodgeballs over to the other team’s side.
- Every time a player catches a ball, he gets to put it into his hula-hoop.
- Round ends when all the balls have been caught and placed in the bins, or at your own discretion.
- Play a new Round!