Grade level: 6-8
Equipment: Footballs, cones, hula-hoops
Game Description: Practice throwing lead-passes and making catches on a turn with this mini-game drill-like activity. Groups get together with a couple of footballs and get continuous chances to throw and catch. Non-stop, gets the heart pumping, and skills improving.
How To Play:
- Set-up 4 cones to make a square.
- Place a hula-hoop in the middle of the square.
- Place 2 footballs in the hula-hoop.
- Players form 2 lines behind 2 of the cones.
- On the start signal, the first player in each line will run and pick up a football.
- While the first player in line is picking up the football, the second player in line will run around the opposite cone.
- First player attempts a pass to second player as he gets to the opposite cone.
- Second player catches it (or misses) and brings the football back to the middle.
- Both players return to the line.
- Next players in line go, and game continues like that.