Grade level: 4-8
Equipment: Dodgeballs, hula-hoops
Game Description: Castle Ball might be one of physedgames’ favourites! A must play! This target game adds a huge teamwork component as well as team strategy. It also ties in throwing, catching, blocking, building, and awareness. Defend your castles, and topple over the opponent castles before they get yours. WARNING: LOTS OF FUN.
- Create 2 teams. One team on each half of the gym. Players can never leave their own side.
- Spend some time practicing building castles made of hula hoops.
- To build a castle, it requires 6 hula hoops: 1 for the base at the bottom, 4 for the sides, and 1 for the top.
- It also takes some patience and teamwork to build a sturdy castle.
- After practicing building castles and getting the hang of it, it is time to set-up for the game.
- Each team builds 2 castles towards the back of their playing area.
- Once castles are built, add in the dodgeballs.
- On signal, players attmpt to throw dodgeballs at other teams castles to topple them over.
- A point is scored every time a castle is toppled over.
- When a castle is down, players simply rebuild it while the game continues.
- Play for as long as desired. Add in any modifications as desired.