Grade Level: 1-5
Equipment: 2 ‘wands’ (foam paddles, noodles, or racquets)
Game Description: Turn one half of the lights off so that one side of the gym is night time, and the other half is day time. The actual tag game takes place in the daytime side, but when players get tagged they travel over to the nighttime side and pretend to sleep there. 2 fairies come by and tap the sleeping players with a wand so they wake up and return back to the tag game on the day side.
- Game can be played with a volleyball net set up in the middle, but doesn’t need to be.
- Turn off half of the lights forming a ‘day side’ and a ‘night side’.
- Choose 2 fairies who will wake up any sleepers. Send them with paddles or to the night side.
- Everyone else starts on the day side, including 2 taggers.
- When tagged, students go to the night side and pretend to sleep for 10 seconds.
- Fairies go around and tap sleeping players with the paddle to wake them up so they can return to play on the day side.