Grade level: 3-8
Equipment: Foam balls, Lilly pads, mats
Game Description: Popcorn Basketball is a neat mini-game to play which helps reinforce shooting technique. Players move from spot to spot taking shots into a large target. One player is inside the target area, continuously tossing the balls out like a popcorn machine.
- In the middle, set-up an exercise mat on it’s ends so that it forms an oversized square basketball hoop-like target.
- Place about 20-30 lilly-pads or poly spots on the floor as shooting spots. Place dodgeballs ontop of them.
- One player sits inside that target (will be unseen to the rest of the players). The rest choose a starting shooting spot.
- On the signal, players will go around shooting from different spots, continuing to attempt to shoot the balls into the target area.
- As players move from spot to spot shooting over and over again, the player in the target area keeps throwing the balls out.
- Game continues until you want to switch the player in the middle and start a new round.