Grade level: 5-8
Equipment: Basketballs, nets
Game Description: This basketball mini-game is all about lay-ups. After you’ve gone over the proper technique and progression for shooting lay-ups, use this game to practice, practice, practice! This game gives players a chance to perform lay-ups from both the left and right sides, and can be played competitively or non-competitively.
- Create 6 teams. Each team lines up facing one of the 6 basketball nets in the gym.
- On the whistle, the first person in each line dribbles to the hoop for a lay-up, gets rebound, and brings back to the next player.
- Next player continues the same thing, and so on, etc, etc.
- After a minute or two, blow the whistle to end round (at this point you could tally scores if you’d like from every successful lay-up).
- Teams rotate to the next hoop and start new round.
- Game ends after teams have done lay-ups at each hoop.