Grade level: 1-8
Equipment: 6 cones/pylons
Game Description: A fantastic running or dribbling game with lots of positive review. Teams will run or race on the Speedway, with players on each team taking turns cruising laps. A unique relay-style idea to get imaginations flowing and bodies moving. This is a continuous motion game with lots of room for variations. It can be played competitively or non-competitively.
- Create the race-track and teams in the gym as shown below (the volleyball court or basketball court works great).
- First person on each team steps onto the track, waiting for the start signal.
- Choose a direction for the players to race their laps.
- On go, the players run a lap and upon returning, high five the next player in line who then goes.
- Game continues on for determined time, laps, or score system of your choice.