Grade level: 3-8
Game Description: Catch-5 is a top notch team game! It’s definitely one of the better games out there to promote and enhance the passing skill, as well as other skills such as moving to open spaces, pivoting, and intercepting. Lots of action and lots of fun as players work together to score points by completing 5 passes before losing control of the ball or before the other team intercepts them. Highly recommended for use as part of a basketball or team handball unit, or as a stand-alone game for physical education class.
- Form 2 teams in the playing area (use a half-court or full court basketball or volleyball court). Introduce the ball.
- The goal of the game is to complete 5 successful passes, without the other team intercepting or knocking the ball away, to earn a point.
- Passes must be counted out loud…’1,2,3,4,5!’
- Upon completing the 5th pass, that player puts the ball against the ground and scores a point.
- If the ball goes out of bounds, it’s the other teams ball. Same thing with fouls (no contact allowed) or if a team knocks it away.